Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Jelly Roll Race

A couple years ago my youngest daughter made a jelly roll race quilt for me for Christmas.  I actually helped her make it thinking the whole time she was making it for herself.  Imagine my surprise when I opened my present on Christmas and it was the quilt she had worked so hard on for several months!

My son commented at the time that he really liked my quilt and several months later mentioned it again and said he would love to have me make one for him.  We actually sat down at the computer and I had him look at lots of different fabrics.  I discovered he liked the civil war type fabrics.

I picked out Georgetown by Judie Rothermel for Marcus Fabrics. I quilted it on my domestic machine, stitching in the ditch...well mostly in the ditch.  



I gave it to him for Christmas this past year and he loves it.  This is the only picture I managed to take before he whisked it away.  His bed is a queen size and this is a little small so of course I have a request to make him another quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment