Tuesday, July 10, 2018

A New Feature-Reviews!

I don't get to sew often enough to feel like I have something to post each week or even every month!  So, I decided to try a weekly post reviewing a sewing/quilting item or pattern.  These will all be things I have purchased or received free for a minimum purchase.  I will attempt to post each week on Tuesday.  I plan on using purple heart emojis to rate what I'm reviewing.  I'll go from 1 to 5 hearts 💜💜💜💜💜, one being the worst, five being the best.

The first item I'm reviewing is something I received for free from Fat Quarter Shop.  I ordered several Sue Daley items to try my hand at English Paper Piecing (that will be the subject of several future posts) and the Ruler Grip was a free item.



I wasn't expecting much for a free item and when I received it, it was smaller than I expected.  I kind of wondered if it would even work.  It is approximately four inches long.  It has one suction cup on each end.







I put it on my 21/2 inch by 121/2 inch Creative Grids ruler. It was easy to attach and comes off easily by squeezing the suction cups.



It is the perfect length to hold between my thumb and middle finger.





 I love how it makes it much easier to pick up and move the ruler.  I chain pieced blocks for my Phoebe's Flower Box quilt and the grip made cutting the chain pieced blocks apart much easier.


I ended up really liking the Ruler Grip.  I think it will work best for smaller rulers.  I'm not sure it would stay attached to a larger, heavier ruler, although I did try it with my 5x15 inch ruler and it worked fine.  So maybe it's small but mighty!



I was pleasantly surprised.  I may actually purchase another one in the future. I'm giving the Ruler Grip from Fat Quarter Shop 5 hearts! 💜💜💜💜💜

Let me know what you think of your ruler grip.  And if you have ideas for future reviews, comment and I'll try to review it soon!

Happy Sewing,


Lori



No comments:

Post a Comment