Sunday, September 18, 2016

Car Seat Covers

Last week I showed the fish quilt I finished for my DGS.  I mentioned in that post that we originally planned on making a crib skirt, curtains and the quilt.  Oh,  I think she wants a pillow too. Anyway after talking about it more, DD decided against the crib skirt.  Which I'm very glad for because after looking at the pattern, I did not want to make it.  It looked way too complicated!

Since we had so much leftover fabric I decided to make a car seat cover for the summer.  I had made one out of flannel and minky for winter.  I'll try to find a picture of that one, it was red minky and a flannel fish fabric.

I used a pattern my sister found on the internet.


I think it looks rather plain since I used the same fabric for the whole thing except for the placket.  I do love the fish buttons I found!

I like this one better that I made for my best friend's daughter. This one is from Simplicity pattern 1177. 




I am proud of myself for making the white bows.  I found a you tube video that explained how to do it.  Turns out it's very easy.

Next I want to try one made with the new double gauze I've seen in stores.  It looks like it would be perfect a summer cover.


Happy sewing,

Lori





No comments:

Post a Comment