Sunday, September 25, 2016

Lessons Learned

One of the quilts on my wish list has always been an Irish Chain.  Once I really got to looking into how it was made, I realized it wasn't that difficult and decided to jump in and get started.  A couple of things we need to remember 1.  I'm a relatively new quilter and 2.  I've not work with a lot of precuts.

I picked  a bright happy jelly roll.  I thought it would make a great Irish Chain.  I decided it would be perfect for a little girl.  I figured I would start with a small quilt, maybe a crib size.  I can't remember the name of the line or who designed it.


My strip sets



When I started sewing the strip sets together I realized printed fabric had pinked edges and the white I had cut from yardage of course did not.  Now most people may know how to match them up but I didn't.  Instead of doing the smart thing and googling it, I just forged ahead.  I chose to line up the white edge with the inside edge of the pinked fabric which made the little points stick out past the white.  I didn't think it would make that much difference...I was wrong!


I think I've created a mess and not sure how to correct it.  So it's going into my UFO pile for now.  Maybe someday I'll pull it out and figure out how to fix it. As long as I learn from my mistakes I figure I'm good!

Happy Sewing!

Lori




No comments:

Post a Comment