Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Independence Day!

It's been a busy couple of weeks, but thankfully things have slowed down a bit.  Hubby is working nights all weekend so we have no holiday plans.  But I get the sweetheart of a granddaughter most of the weekend!  My little cutie is 17 months old and of course the cutest baby ever!   My daughter brought her over yesterday afternoon and I get her till Sunday.  We're going to visit my MIL later this afternoon, but other than that we have no plans. We may go outside in the evening and watch a few fireworks, hopefully she will like them.

Last Wednesday I took a twilling class at Quilting Bits and Pieces  and I loved it!  I had never been there before and it's a very nice quilt shop.  It's much bigger than I expected and the people are extremely helpful and friendly.  I will definitely be going back. Here's a pic at my first attempt at twilling



It's by no means perfect, but it's not hard and I know it won't take long to get the hang of it.  My long term goal is to make a tone on tone cream or off white quilt for our king size bed.  For now I got this pattern and variegated thread and am going to practice with a baby quilt.


I have one more set of towels I'm working on for a wedding next weekend. I have one towel done and three more to go.   After I'm done with these, I think I'm done with towels for a while!  They are great wedding presents and everyone seems to love them, but I'm about toweled out for a while!

Have a safe and happy 4th!

Happy Sewing,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment