Saturday, July 4, 2015

List of projects

 I'm making a list of projects either started or still in my head that I want to do.  I'll try to come back and mark when each project is completed.

Projects with a deadline:

1. Afghan for my youngest daughter-currently about 3/4 done.  Hoping to get it done for a birthday present (Aug) or more likely a Christmas present.

2. Practice baby quilt-just a simple charm pack quilt-currently pieced and quilted. Binding is about half done.  Hoping to finish it up this weekend.

3. An I-spy quilt for my grandson. I'm currently looking for more fabric I can fussy cut.  I have quite a few 4 inch blocks already cut.  I need to decide if I'm going to use sashing in between the blocks or alternate plain blocks in between the fussy cut blocks.  That will really determine how many blocks I need. I hope to get this done by Christmas, if not his birthday is in January so I could have a couple more weeks if needed.

4. Favors for the quilting retreat I'm going to in the Fall.  I'll need about 40.  I'm not sure yet what I'm making, but I have a few ideas.

5.  Big bag for my youngest daughter, I made one for my granddaughter, DD3 (darling daughter 3) loved it so much she wants one for Christmas.

6.  DD1 is pregnant and expecting in early December-lots of baby items but can't start till we know if it's a boy or girl.

Long term projects:

1.  Periwinkle quilt-pattern from MSQC Periwinkle Quilt Tutorial  I've gotten most of the fabric cut and am piecing it when I have time.

2.  Baby quilt with machine embroidered nursery rhymes.  I've embroidered a couple of blocks.  I usually work on this when my machine has been messing up, to make sure I have it fixed!

3.  King sized quilt made with twilled blocks-very long term project because not only is it big, I'm just learning to twill.  I haven't started it yet, but hope to soon.

I'm sure there will be other projects pop up here and there, but these are what's on my plate as of now.

Happy Sewing!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment