Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Merry and Bright Quilt Along

I tried one quilt along and only made it to five or six blocks before I started getting behind and then just gave up.  I'm not sure why I gave up.  I liked the blocks and the instructions were great. I loved the fabric I picked.  I think I just got busy with life.  Other projects came up and it got pushed aside.  It's definitely something I want to get back to at some point.

So, I've started a new quilt along, it's Pat Sloan's Merry and Bright quilt along.  It started July 25, 2018 a new block is released every Wednesday. The sew along will go until November 28, 2018.

Pat encourages everyone participating in the sew along to share memories based on the block.  I like that part of the sew along because it really makes me stop and try to remember all those old things from my childhood. She also asks us to post photos of our blocks and our memories on her Facebook page Quilt Along with Pat Sloan.  I love following all the other people's progress and their takes on each block.  There is so much creativity out there.

Pat suggested several different lines of fabric.  I chose Swell Christmas by Urban Chiks.





I went to a couple local quilt shops to find all the fabric I need.  I think I'm going to use Kona Snow as my background.  I haven't put them together yet, but I'm starting to think it may not be white enough.  Oh, darn, I may have to go shopping for more fabric!!




The first block is Home for the Holidays.




The second block is Hang a Wreath.



I love the way Pat suggests making half square triangles.  I used my Block Loc ruler to square them up, worked perfect!








 Pat's directions are so clear and easy, the blocks go together very quickly.




My first two blocks done!  The third block comes out today, can't wait to see what's next!

Have you ever done a sew along?  Did you make it to the end?

Happy sewing,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment