Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Review Tuesday-Block Loc Rulers

If you've never heard of the Bloc Loc ruler, go to their website and read all about them.  The rulers I have are square rulers with an indentation on the backside.  They are made for squaring up half square triangles. I understand they also have rectangle rulers for flying geese.

My sister gifted me a set of three rulers for my last birthday.  I'm now the proud owner of a 2 1/2 inch, 4 1/2 inch and a 6 1/2 inch square ruler. 




I don't make half square triangles too often, but when I do I've been using my new rulers and I have to say I love them!


I have to admit, every time I use one, it takes me a bit to remember how to use them.  Once I do, it's so easy.  In the pic above, I'm squaring up my half square triangle to 3 1/2 inches.  I place the ruler so it's locked on the seam so it's a little past the 3 1/2 inch mark.  I trim up the two sides.


Then I simply slide the ruler down the seam, line up the two sides I just trimmed to the 3 1/2 inch mark and trim off the other two sides.


And BAM!!  I have perfect 3 1/2 inch half square triangles!


I love the Bloc Loc rulers.  They make it so easy to get perfect cuts every time. 


The Bloc Loc rulers get  ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ!    I can't recommend these rulers enough.  I honestly feel they make a huge difference in my cutting accuracy.

Do you have these rulers?  Do you love them as much as I do?

Happy Sewing,

Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment