Tuesday, May 7, 2024

New Year New Goals...in May!

 About three weeks before Christmas (2022) I realized there was no way I was going to get all my projects done in time.  I figured I had two choices: stress myself out and get them done or let it go.  I decided to let it go. I did complete ( with the help of my daughter) three quilts. 

That was the best decision I could have made!  I was so proud of myself for actually being able to let it go.  I started thinking about all the projects I wanted to complete for Christmas, then I started thinking about all the other projects I’ve started but never finished.  

I have A LOT of unfinished projects, UFOs, WIPs,  whatever you want to call them.  I haven’t taken the time to add them up.  I think it would just overwhelm me if I did.

I'd been thinking a lot lately about my sewing habits.  I came to the conclusion I’m a serial starter, but don’t actually finish many of them.  So I decided I would not start a new project this year until I’ve completed ALL my unfinished ones.   That’s a huge goal...and it lasted until March, I think!

I have my unfinished projects in several places, some are in 12x12 inch plastic craft boxes, some are thrown in tubs, some are in drawers, some are on the bed in the spare bedroom and one is even laying on my cedar chest in my bedroom.  


This is the one on my cedar chest in my bedroom.  I've since moved it to a project box.  I've worked on it some and think it's about half way finished.


These are moto pouches from Sew Sweetness.  I've completed several and still have 3 or 4 more to go.  I got tired of making them and just quit.  This was one of the projects I had to let go at Christmas.

Here are stacks of projects boxes filled with unknown projects!  There is a tub full of projects too.



Blue Calla pattern I started several years ago.  I didn't have all the supplies I needed, so it got set aside.


A doll jacket I cut out and set aside.  This one I have since completed!  I'll post about it at a later date.



An Ora Rosa pattern I cut out and started and couldn't get my stitches right on the vinyl, so it got put aside also.

This is just what I found by doing a quick look around.  And I have no idea what is in all those project boxes and the big tub!  I’m sure there are many more. Well I know there are because I have a lot of fabric I’ve purchased for specific projects but they haven’t been started.   I should take the time to get each one out, evaluate whether I will actually complete it, then decide whether to keep it, pass it on to someone who will finish it or donate it.  

How may UFOs or WIPs do you have? Are you a serial starter like me or do you finish one project before you start the next? Leave a comment and let me know.


Happy Sewing!


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment