Sunday, June 14, 2015

A little about me!

I decided to start a blog, more for me than anything else.   I wanted a place I could post my creations so I can remember what all I've made!  Over the next few weeks I will be adding pictures of things I've made.  Hopefully I will continue to post new items and keep this blog going.

Now to introduce myself.  I'm a wife, mother, grandmother, sister, and friend. I have a wonderful hubby who has put up with me for over 25 years.  I have great kids, family and friends.

Since my kids are all grown and starting to have families of their own, I have rediscovered time for me.  I had forgotten how much I like to sew.  I learned how to sew when I was in 4H, then only sewed once or twice a year once we started a family.  While the kids were little sewing happened once a year...for Halloween!  I loved making those costumes.  I made everything from princesses and dinosaurs to puppies and tigers.

Now I sew all sorts of things, including Halloween costumes (made a pink monster for my first granddaughter last year).  I purchased an embroidery machine a couple years ago and last year I got a serger.  Plus of course I have my handy sewing machine that I inherited from my mom.

My great grandmother quilted.  I remember visiting her and being fascinated by all her fabrics and her huge quilting frame in her small living room.  I still have several of the quilts she made and they are truly treasured.  I think she passed on her love of quilting to me.  I made one quilt when I was younger and boy has quilting changed since then!  More on that in my next post.

1 comment:

  1. We are on the same wavelength! Retired, first grandchild is 5 months old and I keep finding mire sewing and quilting projects I *must* do. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete