Saturday, June 20, 2015

Back From the Quilt Festival

Oh my!  I learned one thing from going to the quilt festival today...I have a long way to go to really consider myself a quilter!  Oh I know I'm new at it and I've made a couple basic quilts, so I get the concept.  But wow!  The quilts I saw today were amazing!  I wish I took pictures but my phone was out of memory so I couldn't take any.  But take my word for it...they were amazing.  It was overwhelming, the number of quilts, the colors, the designs.  Go to their facebook page to look at some of the quilts:  KCRQF 

I got to play with the long arms they had set up and boy were they fun!  I'm hooked and want one...the price will hold me back, but a girl can always dream, right?  My friend Sara and I talked about buying one together and starting a little business when we retire in a few years.  Oh it's fun to have dreams!

I came away feeling overwhelmed and in awe.  But I also came away inspired.  I am so pumped to finish the quilts I have started and can't wait to try new things. Sara and I are already talking about going back next year.  We've also decided to take a twilling class from one of our local quilt shops.

But for tonight I have to finish up four more table runners and make an ITH makeup bag for my best friend's daughter's wedding next weekend.

Happy Sewing,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment